415 North Chorro, Condo # 7
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
CaliforniaPolytechnicState University, San Luis Obispo
Bachelor of Arts: History, Expected March 2009
Minor: French Minor: Geography/Anthropology
Upper Division GPA: 3.4, Major GPA: 3.58, Overall GPA: 3.25
University of Paris 7, Jussieu (Denis Diderot)
Study Abroad, Paris, France California State University International Programs, September 2006-August 2007
AIESEC, Cal Poly State University Chapter Annually, 2007-2009
- Coordinated the exchange of Cal Poly students to internships abroad.
- Organized the paperwork and visas for students and companies.
- Served as communication link between students, international businesses and Aiesesc international leaders.
- Collaborated with Aiesec team members to develop cultural transition workshops in preparation of working abroad.
- Prepared presentations on cultural, non-verbal norms by country in order to prepare international interns.
Fair Trade Club 2009
- Maintained communication with other fair trade clubs on California university campuses.
- Conducted research on current national fair trade issues and presented information at club meetings.
U.S. State Department, Office of the Historian, Washington, DC September-December 2007
- Transcribed President Nixon’s Oval Office Tapes and reviewed others’ transcriptions for accuracy
- Retrieved primary documents and researched American Cold War diplomatic history at the National Archives in College Park, Maryland
High School History, Miramonte High School, Orinda, CA September 2004-June 2005
- Graded essays on European and American history for two Advanced Placement classes consisting of about ninety students
Nixon In Cambodia
- Comparative analysis of historical research, original argument assessing the direction of scholarly study
Pride of Angkor
- Theoretical analysis of primary sources to assess colonial governmental policies concerning protection
United States Media in the Pot
- 29 page, interdisciplinary research, use of primary sources to analyze public responses to media coverage
Britain’s Backlash: The Opium Wars and Their Affect on Present Day Western and Eastern Relations
- Use of Parliamentary documents, Church records and personal accounts to show chronological change
Early Christians and the Myth of Saint Patrick
- Diagnostic examination of primary texts (government and church records) to analyze the spread of culture
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Intranet, Mac, Jstor, Project Muse, Historical Abstract, 50 WPM